Wednesday, April 21, 2010

School Visit

I completed my author visit to the second graders. And, of course, they loved it. I also had their wonderful illustrations laminated and created a book for their teacher. She almost cried.

I had a blast doing the presentation: a couple activities, a slide show, and a reading. They were able to comprehend the story just fine. I think their favorite part was illustrating it. It was tricky to come up with because I had to divide the scenes up and allow all 20 students a picture to illustrate. Most pages ended up with text AND illustrations. But to create the 32 page picture book with 29 pages of text, I had some of the spreads be one page of text only and the facing page be an illustration only.

When I do the presentation again, I'll have to come up with a different focus and/or activity because I don't really want it illustrated a dozen times. It was hard enough to do for 20 students. What if the next class has 18 students, or 24? I'm still letting the ideas percolate in my mind for the future. Hopefully within the next several weeks, I'll do two classrooms together, maybe even three (1st and 2nd graders)!

Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...