Most bloggers blog because they love to write. I'm no different. I also love to connect with others, help others, educate readers about great picture books, and generally just have fun with it all. Don't let anyone lie to you, though. Blogging does take a lot of work. I'm not sure I remember the exact reason why I started my blog. To create a platform? Maybe. For fun - just to see what it would be like? Maybe. To get me into the more-writing-a-day mode? Maybe. Or maybe a little of all three. But I DO remember why I continue to blog.
- To be a part of the writing community.
- To help me study more picture books (and share them) on a more regular basis.
- To give back to others with my fun Saturday features (High Five Interviews, Lucky Clover Contest, Pot-O-Gold Blog Award, and the Pass-the-Paper writing fun; see tabs above).
My blog has evolved over time, as many of yours have as well. At first, I just wrote about me - or writing. Then I starting mingling the two. Then I added picture books. I finally have something I feel benefits me, my style, my personality, and my writing. I hope it also benefits all of you!
In celebration of my two-year anniversary, I'd like to give away two critiques! Picture book, or opening MG chapter.
Here's how to enter the giveaway. Just leave a comment on this post answering one of the following questions (or all three):
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite feature on my blog?
- What type of ms would you like me to critique?
I'll randomly select two individuals from all those who comment on this post by 2-14-12, midnight EST. That should give you two days. Share the love. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, after all.
P.S. Looks like I'll be having another giveaway soon, a 300-follower giveaway.
Keep on keepin' on...