It's a good thing I don't find writing mundane and simple, even though parts of typing can often seem that way when I'm trying to delete a single word and I have to repeatedly hit the delete button because my fingers keep missing.
Pet peeves can help you find a character flaw to add depth to your characters. If you have a repetitive-type pet peeve, then you'll understand that revision is something that needs to be repeated often. Sometimes over a long period of several years. And that's how pet peeves can make you a better writer. Making changes to create a better story, something that won't irk an editor of your adoring fans.
Things I LOVE!!!
- Revising a story over and over, sometimes for years, just to get it RIGHT! Very satisfying.
- A balmy summer's day with sunshine, a few clouds, and a gentle breeze - in the mid-70s. And a motorcycle ride to boot!
- Hugs and kisses from my children. That never gets old.
- Going to bed at the end of a long day.
- Sleeping in.
- Finding a coin on the sidewalk, in the couch, in the laundry. Collecting
- And blogger comments!
Apparently repetition was the theme for the last two days.
What are some repetitive things YOU like and don't like?
Keep on keepin' on...