Start a Gratitude Journal
It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving, or even November, to have a heart full of gratitude and thanksgiving. What's the difference anyway? Gratitude is more about the feeling in your heart. Thanksgiving is about expressing those feelings outwardly. One way to do both simultaneously is to keep a gratitude journal. When you feel grateful for something, you'll want to write it down. When you write it down, you're expressing thanks for it. To create your own miracle magnet, start and keep a gratitude journal. It's easy!
All you have to do is get a notebook of some kind. It can be small or decorated; it doesn't really matter. But let it be especially for your thoughts of thanksgiving and gratitude. What I do is simply list 10 things for each day's entry. I try to let those 10 things be specific to that particular day. I usually don't include generic things that I'm always grateful for. Important things such as family, food, my home, friends, etc. I try to be specific.
For example, on 1-11-17, I wrote...
- it being Wednesday so I could serve on the line
- finding the paperwork and password for online login info for 401k
- Samantha being in a good mood
- taco salad for dinner
- my husband's sense of humor
- my new money mantra: "I can afford that. I can buy that. I have more than enough."
- Samantha filling out her own School Mall booklet so that I don't have to
- my banker
- 52 degree weather
- warm slippers to keep my feet cozy
What are you grateful for TODAY? Share in the comments!
Keep on keepin' on...
BACK TO TOP | READ MORE POSTS