It has been said to also be leery of fellow writers (or anyone else) who wish to dole out free critiques because they are often looking to make their fellow writers feel bad and become discouraged. Some go out of their way to really trash a manuscript. I am not one of those writers or critiquers.
I love to write and I love to read good picture books. I love to give encouragement and help others feel the same level of determination that I enjoy. I respect writers and the work we do. When I do critiques for the winner of my monthly contest I hope to offer helpful comments and an honest opinion.
Here's what you can expect:
- Praise for good writing found in phrases, paragraphs, and sections.
- Examples of where and how to cut wordy sections.
- Examples of how to make dialogue more age appropriate.
- Examples of how to create stronger verbs.
- Comments on the overall structure of plot.
- Suggestions to help clarify the plot in areas of confusion.
- A summary of my critique detailing the areas that need help and the areas that work well.
Happy writing! And happy revising!