Friday, June 11, 2010

Let's Get Froggy

I love animals.  One animal my husband and I like to refer to is frogs.  This picture came from free nature pictures.com.  When  we get motivated to do yard work or house work or any type of goal, be it fitness, exercise, diet, a trip, a big dinner, we say, "Wow!  You got froggy!"


It feels good to get froggy.  Last Saturday, I finally put a story of mine on a powerpoint presentation for some of the classrooms I work in.  The essence of being froggy is the feeling of accomplishment.  Not just goal setting or having determination, but actually working hard at it!  When I work hard at something and jump high, I can see and feel the results of my effort right before my eyes.  I already revised my latest story from one critique.  I was froggy.  What I really need to get froggy on is my nonfiction proposal.  I don't know why I keep procrastinating.  It's an awesome project, so getting froggy about it will feel awesome, too.  I just have to have the determination of a frog that wants to eat a fly for dinner.  My dinner will be to see my book in print, okay, that will be dessert.  Dinner will be when it's accepted for publication and the editor contacts me to say so.  So, let's get FROGGY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments just as much as the next gal, so go ahead and tell us what's on your mind. Thanks for being here!