Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Story Element #10: BEGINNINGS/ENDINGS

Story Element #10: BEGINNINGS/ENDINGS
Welcome to the official BEGINNINGS and ENDINGS PAGE for Story Elements. This is the end of the beginning. I'm telling ya, we're just getting started here. No matter what you write, or where you are in your craft, beginnings and endings can be tricky. Here are some great examples of picture books with awesome beginnings or endings or both.

Begin here (and do not ever end):
  1. I Love You the Purplest by Barbara M. Joosse
  2. A Bird of Two: A Story about Henri Matisse by Bijou Le Tord

3 comments:

  1. Beginnings and endings are tricky, but when they're done well, it's so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a sucker for endings... if it doesn't have a good ending, it's not a good book!
    There are so many out there, but I'll go with William Joyce's The Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore as having a particularly beautiful beginning and end.
    I haven't read I Love You the Purplest - I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read ol' Mr. Morris Lessmore... Perhaps I can get it and share it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...