Monday, July 8, 2013

Favorite Pages #1

I thought I might start a new feature. We'll see how it goes. It's short, fun, and suspenseful. Here's the premise.

  1. I'll read a picture book and be enlightened.
  2. I'll say, "Oh! That's my favorite page in the whole book!"
  3. I'll take a picture from a page inside the book and post it on my blog.
  4. I'll share why it's my favorite. 
  5. And the next post, I'll tell you which book it is!
You guys guess which book it is and see if you're right, then decide if it's your favorite page too! Most of all, share with others, and have fun! Thanks for still being here, even though I pretty much skipped all of June! The winner for the Lucky Clover contest will be posted soon. And by the way, I am now accepting submissions for the SUMMER session.

Favorite Pages #1:


"While the moon sailed high"

Why this page is SO awesome: 
The moon is a reflection in the tub of water, with a toy boat sailing in it. Such a wonderful juxtaposition of words and images. So nice. Toward the end of the book, too. 

6 comments:

  1. Cool idea, Christie! Alas, I have no idea what book this is, but I like the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this feature, but I've got NUTHIN' in the way of a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful picture! I have no idea what book it's from though. Most of what I know of picture books I get from the ones I buy my niece and nephew. :)

    Stopping by on the A-Z Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the book either! But I do like the picture.And I love a mystery! Can't wait for this one to be solved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good feature! (btw, I did the math and I'll be 40 in 2016 too...I think I'll share your goal!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea. Don't recognize the page and I read a lot (I mean A LOT) of picture books.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...