Thursday, March 5, 2015

PB 14:14 in 2015 ~ Prize Day!!! (and The List - coming soon...)

The Valentine Vision:
Read, Study, and Share
14 Picture Books in 14 Days

~ Every February 14th ~


The day you've all been waiting for is finally here! Picture book prize packs to be awarded for all your hard work. FIVE WINNERS. Can I get a drum roll, please......

Week 1 

Prize 1: Picture e-book by Romelle Guittap ... winner is ... Lindsay Bonilla!
Prize 2: Picture book CRITIQUE by Amy Dixon ... winner is ... Vivian Kirkfield!

Week 2:

Prize 1: Picture book CRITIQUE by Kristen Fulton ... winner is ... Joyce Tucker!
Prize 2: Picture book manuscript SUBMISSION invitation to Laura Whitaker (normally agented-only submissions) ... winner is ... Manju Howard!

Grand Prize



  • An awesome PB 14:14 wall calendar


  • A PB manuscript critique by my agent, Jodell Sadler


  • The book, How to Promote Your Children's Book, by Katie Davis


  • Free tuition to Kristen Fulton's Nonfiction Archaeology class
  • ......and the winner is...... Linda Hofke!

    CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!! Also, the winner of the non-participant COMMENTER PRIZE to win this book donated by Damon Dean (also a participant) is ... Charlotte Dixon!

    But, really? We're ALL winners! Because TOGETHER, we have created an awesome LIST of over 100 books, with 172 examples of how to use one of the top 10 story elements in our own manuscripts. Examples are awesome and you guys ROCK!

    I wanted to hurry up and get the winners announced, but the very next post on my blog will be THE LIST. Come back often and enjoy the fruits of our labors. For now, you can revisit last year's LIST.

    Thank you all so very much for participating! Last year, we had 11 participants. This year, we had 18 total. Nice! Maybe next year, we'll break 30?

    Oh, by the way, the elements in order for how much we gave examples for each one (I was right, by the way!):

    1. THEME - 25
    2. WORD PLAY - 22
    3. CHARACTER - 20
    4. PATTERNS - 18
    5. RHYME, CONFLICT, AND DIALOGUE - 16 
    6. PLOT - 14
    7. BEGINNINGS/ENDINGS - 13
    8. PACING - 12
    See you soon and keep on keepin' on...

    14 comments:

    1. Woohoo! Congratulations to all prize winners! I loved this year's books and insights and reviews. Enjoyed learning so much with you and from you.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my dear Christie! Thank you so much! The challenge was fantastic...a real stretch as a blogger to post for so many days in a row...and a real joy to have the excuse to be reading picture books every day for two weeks! Examining each book for your 10 Top Elements was like taking a mini-workshop in mentor texts. I've marked PB 14:14 on my 2016 calendar already. ;)

      Congratulations to everyone...and a big thank you to all of the generous prize donors.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Congratulations, everyone! Thanks for a fun learning challenge, Christie!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh my goodness! I can't believe I won a critique...by Kristen Fulton. Thank you so much Christie. This really helped to push my writing and my blogging.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Christie, I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for the opportunity to submit one of my picture book mss! I enjoyed being part of this community of readers and writers. Take care, everyone.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh, wow!!!!!!! What a surprise. THANK YOU! This has just made my day. Or rather my week/month. You have no idea how much this means to mean. I have wanted to take the Nonfiction Archaeology class but simply can't afford it (or any writing course at the moment) and the opportunity to have a manuscript critiqued by an agent will help me polish my work. Plus, I've heard so many good things about Jodell Sadler that it makes it all the more exciting.

      And not only am I so happy about what I've won but Vivian, who is in my writer's group, won a critique and I KNOW she has some delightful stories. (I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, Vivian. Now the problem is...which one to pick?)

      Lindsay, Joyce, and Manju...congrats to you! Also, Manju, I noticed you have a book coming out soon. Congrats! I hope you do well with it.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thank YOU all so very much!!! It wouldn't have been very fun doing it all by myself. Hope we can spread the word and have even more next year. Congratulations, again.

      ReplyDelete
    8. This was my first year participating, and completely enjoyed myself. Thanks for bringing us all together in this group, Christie. Congratulations to all the winners! :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Congratulations to all the winners! I had fun following along this year!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thanks Christie! This is very exciting!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wooooo! Winners. Congratulations!!!

      ReplyDelete
    12. COngratulations to all the winners, and thank you for the great resource. Sorry I couldn't play this year:(

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

    AddToAny

    Link Within

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...