Friday, January 22, 2016

Useful Resources and Links for Writers

I hope you find these blogs and websites useful. Thanks for stopping by! (*My favorites.)

Helpful Writer Resources
    Teaching Blogs
      Review Blogs
      The following are awesome blogs I've awarded The Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award to in the past. I haven't kept up with it, but I still want to share their links.

      Where did the Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award come from? Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck, of course! Originally, I wanted to create a NEW blogger award that I will give to other bloggers each month for excellent blogs based on both interesting and helpful content AND visually appealing and easy-to-navigate design

      There are so many awards out there that are just for fun. I wanted to create one that was easy to "accept" and simple enough to forward to others that didn't require listing 20 random things about yourself or 20 new bloggers you've recently met. 

      It's an award that says, "Look at this awesome blog I know about. There is such a wealth of information here! If you visit once, you'll want to return again and again." In other words, it's like discovering a pot of gold! It's a site you will visit frequently and enjoy swimming around in for a while. For the kick-off month of March 2011, I awarded FOUR talented bloggers. Each month hereafter, I'll award ONE lucky blogger.

      NEW: I now give this Pot-O-Gold Award to great websites and new books I've purchased. So, it's not just for bloggers anymore. I no longer give this award. After all, I do need to have some time to write. 

      Recipients:

      March 2011: (the first FOUR)
      The Bookshelf Muse
      Literary Rambles
      Writer's First Aid
      There Are No RulesApril 2011I Am a Reader, Not a Writer
      May 2011Routines for Writers
      June 2011: Julie Hedlund at Write Up My Life
      August 2011Alison Pearce Stevens: Scientist. Writer.
      September 2011: Rachael Harrie at Rach Writes
      October 2011: Ruth and Stacey at Two Writing Teachers
      January 2012: Lydia Kang at The Word Is My Oyster
      February 2012: Rob Sanders at Picture This! (and a few bonus blogs)
      March 2012: Susanna Leonard Hill, a children's author's eye view of writing and life
      April 2012Mormon Mommy Writers
      May 2012: Tara Lazar at Writing for Kids (While Raising Them)
      June 2012: Corey Rosen Schwartz Blog of a Picture Book Ninja
      October 2012: Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts
      November 2012: Tricia Stohr-Hunt of The Miss Rumphius Effect
      January 2013: Jeanne Walker Harvey of True Tales & A Cherry On Top
      January 2014: Dee of I Write for Apples, home of Query.Sign.Submit.
      And here are FOUR things about me (that are always changing):
      1. FAITH - I have FAITH in God, and in his son, Jesus Christ.
      2. HOPE - I HOPE for things which are not seen, but are true.
      3. LOVE - I LOVE the Lord with all my heart.
      4. LUCK - I feel LUCKY to have the family with which God chose to bless me.
      Blog Awards I have received:

       A photo on Flickr A photo on Flickr A photo on Flickr A photo on Flickr A photo on Flickr A photo on Flickr

      2 comments:

      1. WOW! What a great list of resources for writers! Happy to hear you're writing, Christie!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks, Clara! This information was on a page tab, but I decided to turn it into a blog post and delete it from the tabs. "Writing again..." That makes me think of this AWESOME quote I found in my inbox this morning:
          "In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm...in the real world all rests on perseverance. " - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

          Delete

      I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

      AddToAny

      Link Within

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...