Friday, March 18, 2011

Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award

Pixel Berry Pie Designs
The newest blogger award on the internet block! Thanks to Tarissa of Pixel Berry Pie Designs for designing the blog award for me!

The Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award is awarded monthly, by me, to one blogger who I feel has a flair for interesting and helpful content, as well as visually appealing and easy-to-navigate design. In other words, it's like discovering a pot of gold! It's a site you will visit frequently and enjoy swimming around in for a while. For the kick-off month, I am awarding it to FOUR talented bloggers out there. Each month hereafter, I will award one lucky blogger.

If you receive the Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award, here are the rules:
  1. Say thank you to the person who gave it to you.
  2. Write a post and include the image of the award, a link to the person's blog who gave it to you, and a link to my blog, WRITE WILD. (Copy and paste the rules in your post.)
  3. Award four bloggers this award and tell why each is a Pot-O-Gold! (If you receive this award more than once, you only have to forward it the first time.)
  4. Share four simple things about yourself: 1-a time you had to exercise FAITH, 2-something you HOPE for, 3-something (or someone) you LOVE, and 4-a time when you felt LUCK.
Without any further ado, here are the first four lucky Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award winners:
    The Bookshelf Muse
  1. The Bookshelf Muse, hosted by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi. This site has created a thesaurus for writers  in the following categories: Emotion, Setting, Symbolism; and Colors, Textures, and Shapes. With over 1,600 followers, you will LOVE what they have to offer. Each thesaurus lists words, phrases, and images that you might want to use to portray a certain emotion or symbol in your writing. Enjoy!
  2. Literary Rambles, hosted by Casey McCormick and Natalie Aguirre. Casey McCormick was one of the founders of WriteOnCon, the first online writer's conference (for free). Her blog just underwent a new change. It's more appealing to the eyes now with its white background and she recently added Natalie as her co-host. Her blog focuses on "spotlighting children's book authors, agents, and publishing." With over 1,100 followers, you will also enjoy her Tip Tuesdays (short helpful writing tips) and all of her hundreds of agent spotlights. Dive in!
  3. Writer's First Aid, hosted by writer Kristi Holl. She has been blogging since December 2007 and has a huge following through RSS feeds and e-mail subscriptions to the ICL Newsletter (Institute of Children's Literature). Her blog is "a medicine chest of hope...to ease the pains of the writing life and help make your writing dreams come true." Her blog is very informative and very inspirational and also very organized. On the 25th, I'm reviewing her new book, More Writer's First Aid. She posts three times a week. The only downfall is that there is no HOME button.
  4. There Are No Rules, hosted by Writer's Digest editor Jane Friedman. This blog focuses on industry news and trends, agents, publishing, writing craft, and more. Been around since April 2008 and the Writer's Digest facebook page has over 12,000 fans. Straight to the point and matter of fact, she delivers the info you want over and over again, while also including lots of guest posts from successful writers.
Now for my four things to share:
  1. FAITH - I used a lot of faith when I had to pray HARD about which job to take when I had two separate offers at the same time.
  2. HOPE - I hope I'm NOT grumpy in the morning (I'm staying up way too late tonight).
  3. LOVE - I love dark chocolate.
  4. LUCK - I feel blessed (i.e. lucky) that my treadmill still works, even though I know I won't be walking on it in the morning.
Keep on keepin' on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...