Friday, November 12, 2010

New Job

So, this was my first week at my new job as the receptionist for the ESC (Employment Security Commission, not the ESCAPE button on your computer). I'm already flying solo and it's not that hard. But I haven't worked alone on a Monday or a Tuesday, yet. Next week will be the true test.

I already have a new idea for a PB, thanks to a customer who shared a fascinating tidbit of knowledge with me. Today is day 12 of PiBoIdMo and I now have 10 ideas. Some clever. Some funny. Some good. Some not-so-good. Ninety percent of my ideas come to me in the form of a title, by way of a cool or clever phrase.

My new writing schedule is two hours each night after I put the kiddos to bed. It's not much, and never enough, but it's certainly better than nothing.

  • 30 min. to write
  • 30 min. to critique
  • 30 min. to e-mail
  • 30 min. to blog
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."     ~ Alma 37: 6

7 comments:

  1. You are so good getting into a writing schedule already with a new job, go you! I heard pre-published writers should spend 90% of their time writing, but I think times are changing. And for pb writers you only get about 30 min of solid inspiration in one sitting. I don't mean by that that you can only write when inspired, but when you are short on time it is foolish to sit there on a computer and wait for ideas. Do you have critiques every day? Wow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my writing schedule! On the weekends, I try to do a bit more while my kids play around the house. I step in and referee when needed. I just have to keep reminding myself that free play is good for them. It breeds creativity. Otherwise, I feel a bit guilty.

    P.S I like your pot of gold designs. I tried, but they were terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A schedule is really important, isn't it? I'm glad you have some new ideas - good luck with all of them!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write on, Christie! Showing up is 90% of the job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christie - Good for you having a schedule. Mine has been really off lately. Your blog shows lots of effort. Congratulations to you on the new job, I wish you well with success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the new job is going well. And the schedule is great! I knew you'd find a way to get it all done. :) Can't wait to see what some of these ideas develop into...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, guys. I am finding it hard to stick with my schedule. Some nights, I'm only getting one hour, so I have to pick and choose. And Sunday I was sick all day. So there went half my weekend. But I am enjoying my job and the prospect of having a little extra money. I won't get my first paycheck for 4-5 weeks. My passwords (SHHH!) all have something to do with writing. So I'm inspired there, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...