Monday, November 22, 2010

SLEEPWRITING

Is there such a thing as sleepwriting? I'm falling asleep at my computer as I am reading through my e-mails. I must be tired, because that never happens.

What is Sleepwriting? | sleep | writers write | writing habits | tips for writers | creativity | productivity | rejuvenation


I finally got an angle for how I want to write one of my books and I am having a lot of fun coming up with the characters' names.

If you want to be a writer, then you must write. If you call yourself a writer, then you must write. If you want to be published, then you must write. If you want to see the stories in your head come to life, then you must write.

So now I'm going to go write, in my sleep. And decide on my character's names.

And tomorrow at work I'll try not to take a nap during my lunch break. Must...write...stories...down.

Last week I would have used 3-7 extra commas in this post alone. Today I've deleted them. How do your commas hold up? Do you follow the rules? Mostly I knew them all, but I still use way too many. (Like, yesterday, I ate a sandwich, and then I wanted to have dessert, so, now I'm going to, but I'm stuffed up from commas!)

What convention do you use too often?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your writing, Christie. I've yet to learn about the comma convention, not that any farmer should even think about it! I know a comma in different locations in a sentence can alter its meaning quite drastically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often find myself "writing" in that space right before nodding off and then again just before waking up. It's probably got something to do with relaxation and letting go more than anything. Lots of magical ideas can come then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my moments when I think I misuse commas. I need to read 'Eats Shoots and Leaves' again.
    I overuse exclamation marks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that since tweeting and blogging, I use more exclamation marks than I used to.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...