Friday, November 5, 2010

Think You Know Your Picture Books?

So, I finally have over 100 followers! Thank you, my friends. I am writing a guest post over at Heather Kephart's PB&J Blog (Picture Books & Jolliness) today. But first, check out this awesome contest, just for you guys! Two winners, chosen randomly, will each win a copy of a MARKET GUIDE. One winner will receive the Book Markets for Children's Writers 2011. And the second winner will receive the Book Markets for Children's Writers 2010. It has books only, no magazines. From early picture books to middle grade, to YA. From fiction to nonfiction. Includes a few articles that are very helpful. 2011 edition has a list of agents.

All you have to do is list as many of the books below as you can. I can name 29. Can anyone beat me? Don't worry if you only know three. You can still win the 2010 book. Just comment below with the list of books you recognize. Whoever names the MOST gets the 2011 book. The 2010 book will be chosen randomly from all other commenters. Two entries for "old" followers, prior to this post. And one entry for new followers. Contest runs for 10 days and ends on November 15th. (No cheating...hee-hee...) Good luck!

Ready...set...go!!! 



Remember to come back tomorrow to read my interview with Tara Lazar...


(You can make the picture bigger by zooming in with your browser.)

6 comments:

  1. You are so cute and fun! I love the picture. If I wasn't in the process of NaNo I would spend more time analyzing the pic for the books. Congratulations on your follower reaching over 100. Great feeling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will need to take my time wiz ziss. To anyone who wizhes to pozt, zere iz NOH way you can beat me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I didn't do as well as I wanted to, but here goes... (A couple of these are KILLING me because I KNOW them - AGH!)

    1) THE DOG! from Arf! Arf! to Zzzzz by The Dog Artlist Collection

    2) I COULD DO THAT! Esther Morris Gets Women the Vote by Linda Arms White and Nancy Cooper

    3) PUMPKIN SOUP by Helen Cooper

    4) STELLALUNA by Janell Cannon

    5) TUFF FLUFF by Scott Nash

    6) THE LIBRARY DRAGON by Agra Deedy

    7) THE MAGIC HAT by Mem Fox and Tricia Tusa

    8) GHOST SHIP by Mary Higgins Clark and Wendell Minor

    9) ONCE UPON A TWICE by Denise Doyen

    10) WESLANDIA by Paul Fleischman and Kevin Hawkes

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. The Library Dragon?
    2. The Dog
    3. Pumpkin Soup
    4. Tuff Fluff
    That's all I could see:( Sorry. I blame my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The contest is over and Heather Kephart wins the 2011 edition and Jessica Stanford wins the 2010 edition. Here's my list 28 of books (yeah, I know, I'm missing one - what can I say? I didn't write them down)...
    The Best Story
    Faucet Fish
    Shark vs. Train
    Father Sea
    The Dog
    I Love the Alphabet
    Knots on a Counting Rope
    Zzng! Zzng! Zzng!
    Alphabeep
    The Library Dragon
    Giraffes Can't Dance
    I Could Do That
    Moosekitos
    Pemba Sherpa
    The Magic Hat
    Weslandia
    Angel Face
    Stellaluna
    The Plot Chickens
    Sally Arnold
    I Love You the Purplest
    Tuff Fluff
    Once Upon a Twice
    Brave Little Pete of Geranium Street
    The Glass Bottle Tree
    The Ghost Ship
    Pumpkin Soup
    When Lightning Comes in a Jar

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know we spoke via email, but I had to come here to tell you how THRILLED I am! I think this was a wonderful contest, Christie. I think it's hilarious that you forgot one of the book!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...