- Read Aloud
- Read picture books that you absolutely love - aloud. Read all the others silently first. And when you find one you love, read it over and over again - aloud.
- Find Space to Listen to Your Inner Voice
- Give your writer self the space you need to listen to your stories.
- Try to write your own books as though it were someone else's that took your breath away. Write with wonder, so it will take someone's breath away.
- Trust Beyond Yourself
- Trust the creative process, whether it be called the Muse, God, the Divine, or something else. Know that it exists and acknowledge its presence when you write.
- Find Heaven
- Write about what makes your heart sing.
- "Love the world the way you did when you were a little child."
Monday, July 19, 2010
6 Tips on Writing Picture Books
Author, Kathleen Pelley, advises these 6 tips to anyone wanting to write a picture book, as found on the guidetoliteraryagents.com editor's blog.