How to Write Like a Professional

How to Write Like a Professional
6 Surprising Mistakes That Make Writers Look Like Amateurs... and How to Avoid Them

Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July

With the 4th of July right around the corner, it brings back memories of a story I wrote and of holidays spent in years past.  It's a short story for adults about the 4th of July.  It's called A Real Independence Day.  Maybe now is the time to finish revising it.  I wrote the story in high school, I think.  I started revising it last August.

So it's been about a year since I've gotten back into writing.  And it's been going well!  I've written 4 books.  One that just need to be typed.  And five in-progress!  Nothing sent out yet, but I'm working on it.  I've attended one writer's conference and thinking about attending another one in Charlotte this September, hosted by SCBWI!!!!  IF I can find someone to go with me, or figure it out financially.

In the meantime, my small town of Marion is preparing for the fireworks - tonight!  Odd, yes.  But, we'll probably still be there.  Happy 4th!  Happy writing!  And check back tomorrow for the newest addition:  Poetry Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...