Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July

With the 4th of July right around the corner, it brings back memories of a story I wrote and of holidays spent in years past.  It's a short story for adults about the 4th of July.  It's called A Real Independence Day.  Maybe now is the time to finish revising it.  I wrote the story in high school, I think.  I started revising it last August.

So it's been about a year since I've gotten back into writing.  And it's been going well!  I've written 4 books.  One that just need to be typed.  And five in-progress!  Nothing sent out yet, but I'm working on it.  I've attended one writer's conference and thinking about attending another one in Charlotte this September, hosted by SCBWI!!!!  IF I can find someone to go with me, or figure it out financially.

In the meantime, my small town of Marion is preparing for the fireworks - tonight!  Odd, yes.  But, we'll probably still be there.  Happy 4th!  Happy writing!  And check back tomorrow for the newest addition:  Poetry Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...