Friday, July 2, 2010

Books That Resonate

I read a book a year or so ago and every summer I think of it.  Actually I've probably read it 2-3 times.  The name of the book is Come On, Rain by Karen Hesse.  Every time dark clouds roll in and I want it to rain, I'll say, "Come on, rain!"  This wonderful picture book by this well-published author has resonated with me even more this summer.  We have not had any A/C since March.  And this week, it FINALLY got fixed!  I still say, "Come on, rain!" because I want our garden to grow.  And the wild blackberries.  And rain is good for the earth.  I love rain.  And A/C.  Thanks, Karen, for such a great picture book.  It's one of my favorites.  Every time it rains, I think of Tess and all her friends and mommas dancing in the hot rain.

Do any of you have a good book that resonates with you that you would like to share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...