Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Love You the Purplest by Barbara M. Joosse

This is one of my favorite picture books. It is one of the few I actually purchased from a bookstore. The plot is not really for the classic pb group because nobody actually solves a problem per se, but the language is superbly divine. A mother and her two boys go fishing on the lake. They want to know who she loves the most. Later in the story at bedtime, she tells one boy that she loves him the reddest because he is bold, daring, loud, exciting. And she tells the other boy that she loves him the bluest because he is calm and thoughtful and quiet. And of course red and blue make purple. The imagery in the language and the illustrations are awesome. I bought this book before I ever even HAD children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...