Friday, August 20, 2010

Inspiration

There's nothing like your own children inspiring and motivating you to write.  I have been busy all week typing up some books that I have written during the past year.  Four down and one to go.  The nonfiction book, If People Were Insects, has got my son excited about the world around him.

"Mom!  A praying mantis!  Is that one in your book?"
"Nope."
"Tell me all the insects that are in your book."  He then names all the ones he can think of and they're all already in it.  "Well, you have to add the bumblebee," he adds.

I just love it.  It makes me feel like I'm actually making a difference.  Even if it is in the life of my own child.  At dinner, he starts licking his plate like our dog, Cocoa.  Samantha laughs and says, "If Shawn was Cocoa, he would eat dog food!"  Wow.  It's affecting her, too.  As they would say (in the words of Sid the Sloth), "I'm a genius!"

So now that I'm catching up on all my typing, I need to finish that proposal for my nonfiction series!  And next on the list, too, is to get my marketing lists typed up, query and cover letters ready, and to MAIL STUFF OUT!!!  It won't be long before I'll have 9 mss making the rounds through the publishing world.

Then I'll have to decide which fiction story I want to focus on next.  Dragons?  Farm?  Arctic?  Mystery?  Sleepy?  Not sure...  In the meantime, I'm working on another nonfiction book, okay more than one.

Anyway, life is good.  So, go play with ants.  Dig with a stick.  Sit in the grass.  Splash around some water.  Collect some rocks, that are no doubt made of quartz crystal, diamonds, and gold and will make you very rich, as soon as some one buys them for $5 a piece.  Keep on keepin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...