Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Tribute to Dr. Seuss

Yes, I know it's already Wednesday, and I've missed a few posts.  But I'm gonna "back date" this one and make it look like I posted on Sunday.  Anyway, the poem for "today" is an excerpt from Scrambled Eggs Super! by Dr. Seuss.  BECAUSE it's the book I read tonight and I had never read it before.  My favorite page is this one (a little past the halfway point on a bright yellow page):


"Then I went for some Ziffs.  They're exactly like Zuffs,
But the Ziffs live on cliffs and the Zuffs live on bluffs.
And, seeing how bluffs are exactly like cliffs,
It's mighty hard telling the Zuffs from the Ziffs.
But I know that the egg that I got from the bluffs,
If it wasn't a Ziff's from the cliffs, was a Zuff's."

What a tongue-twister.  I LOVE IT!!!

So, what's your favorite tongue-twister?  OR your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...